In
the first chapter of the book, the main character, Sophie, begins receiving
letters from a mysterious person. The letter does not have a returning address
and it does not have a stamp either--leaving Sophie with no way of knowing who
had sent it to her. The first letter that Sophie receives says nothing except
the simple question: who are you? It is not until a few days later that she
finds another letter that says: where does the world come from?
Sophie ponders these questions to no end much like the book caused me to do.
When asking myself the question "who are you", I find it kind of hard
to just simply come up with an answer. I am a teenager who goes to school and
has friends and goals for my life. I wonder about the future and what I will be
doing one day. It does not seem like there is much that sets me apart from
other people my age but when you really think about it, there is no one else
exactly like you. Even if I have the same interests as a lot of my friends and
people my age, there is no one exactly like me.
Thinking about where the world came from isn't as big of a question to me.
Growing up in a Christian family, I have always been taught that God created
the world and everything in it. Although the book did make me put more thought
into other possibilities of how the world came to be, I still believe that God
created everything. It is a very amazing thing to think that one being created
all of this world and all of man out of nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment